Sunday, January 1, 2017

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

I'm actually writing on an english keyboard so I can't spell that right..oops.

Wow! I hope everyone had a great christmas and new years! Christmas here was so fun. We had dinner at the Bell's house (the mission nurse) and they fed us ham and potatoes. I felt like I was back in the states :) We finished the night by singing Christmas carols and it reminded me of Christmases as home!

Last Week I was also able to go visit Chinandega for the first time to help out some sisters! It was so fun to see a new area. We had lots of fun contacting and looking for new people. I love getting to know more sisters in the mission! 

New Years was pretty mellow for the most part because we still had to be home by 9:30 :) I was so tired that the fireworks didn't even wake me up at midnight! 

Things are going really great here in the greatest mission in the world. I am in shock that the year 2016 went by so fast. I can't believe that it is 2017! This year I have eaten my weight in rice, walked so many miles in one pair of shoes that I call my "golden shoes", and have given out so many pass along cards with the church's website on it. I have testified of the Son of God every day and seen so many miracles! My one full year as a missionary is over and I am so grateful for all the experiences that the Lord gave me this year. I really have felt the enabling power of the Atonement in my life this year and have grown closer to my Savior. I love Him with all the energy of my soul. I will forever be grateful for my decision to serve a mission! 2016 really did change my life. 

Cuidanse mucho!

--

Hermana Willes

Christmas with President and Hermana Poncio

Christmas dinner at the Bell's apartment

Divisions in Chinendega

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment