Monday, November 7, 2016

Nicaragua is Sacred Ground

Hola Hola! Como estan?

This week was so great! Emily, one of our investigators got baptized!! Yay!! Her husband got baptized about a month ago but she just barely had her baby and has been waiting to recover. She was really worried about the water temperature so we went to the church really early to boil water to mix in the font..but it didnt work! But she is such a champ that she did it anyways :) Her husband baptized her. They are the cutest couple and we were so excited for her. She came to church yesterday just beaming with the biggest smile. I love working with families because they just are so special to Heavenly Father. :)

This week we have had to be home at 7:30 because of elections so we have been running around like crazy snakes trying to visit all of our investigators. We are working with a mom and her daughter and they are planning on getting baptized next week! Their names are Digna & Junieth. We are having a District conference on Sunday in Matagalpa and they are SO excited to see the church in Matagalpa. They are the cutest! We taught them the Plan of Salvation this week and they just loved it. Junieth feels like a little sister to me and she reminds me of my little sister, Abby. I love teaching them! Keep them in your prayers.

Since we have more time to study at night I have been reading a book of quotes that my mom sent me from President Eyring. One that I love says, "The Lord doesnt put us through this test just to give us a grade, He does it because the process will change us." I did divisions this week with another newbie that got here two weeks ago named Hermana Jensen. She is from New Jersey and is so incredible. As I was talking to her, I was reminded of who I was when I first came to the misison and who I am now. Obviously there are still a lot of things I need to change and want to change, but I know that The Lord has helped me grow so much here in my mission, and for that Nicaragua will always be sacred ground for me.

I also have permision to call Ernesto and His family (my converts in Ocotal) tonight because Genesis, their youngest daughter, is turning 8 this week and will be baptized. I am SO excited to talk to them and see how they are doing!!! :) 

Love you all so much! Have a great week!

-- 

Hermana Willes


The Beatles in Nicaragua

Emily's Baptism

Love Her!


No comments:

Post a Comment