Monday, November 21, 2016

It's Cold!!

Buenas!

This week FLEW by. I dont even know where the time is going.

We had our interviews with President Poncio in Matagalpa this week! It was so great. President is such an inspired man. He told me about some of the miracles He saw as a missionary. I felt really close to him when we were in there together, and I felt the spirit testify to me that He is called of God to be my mission president.

This week it has been getting SO COLD in Jinotega! On Sunday I wore two sweaters to church..and the other night I was walking around in a winter coat that a member lent me! :) Who would have thought that Nicaragua can get a little cold? Crazy snakes!

On Tuesday a member, Junior, left on his mission! He went to Guatemala. He used to always work with us and it has been really weird without him this week! But I know that he is KILLING it over there and He is gonna be such a great missionary!

There is a quote by Elder Oaks that says, "Our Savior experienced and suffered the fulness of all mortal challenges 'according to the flesh' so that He could know 'according to the flesh' how to succor (which means to give aid or relief to) His people according to their infirmities. He therefore knows our struggles, our heartaches, our temptations, and our suffering, for He willingly experienced them as an essential part of His atonement. And because of this, His atonement empowers Him to succor us-to give us the strength to bear it all.'

Also Elder Paul V. Johnson said, "He can make us whole no matter what is broken in us." I testify that this is true. Sometimes we feel alone, broken, or like a part of us is missing. But like the parable in the bible about him finding the lost sheep, He will find us and make us whole again. By feeling His love, we will realize our true divinity as sons and daughters of the Almighty God. He does not leave us alone in our trials, but is there with us every step of the way.

I love all of  You!  Have  a great a week!

--Hermana Willes



Junior leaving for his mission

Cold, in Nicaragua??? What??

This is what I'm trying to do...change Nicaragua,
one Nica at a time


No comments:

Post a Comment