Monday, August 1, 2016

Six More Weeks in the Promise Land!

well.....we got changes....

I AM STILL IN OCOTAL! :) Ocotal has pretty much become my home now! I cant really imagine leaving this place so its a good thing I've got six more weeks in the promised land :)

This week was so fun. We have started working with a recent convert of the Elders. Her name is Tamara and she is 13! She left with us like every day this week for the entire day! She loves sharing her testimony and loves our investigators. We have started having her teach parts of the lesson. On Friday we were in a lesson and we had her share the first vision and then afterwards she just went right into teaching it how we usually do and tears came to my eyes it was so special. She is just so full of the spirit. I love taking her to lessons because the investigators can see how much she loves the gospel :) I love seeing how the gospel changes lives, even the lives of the jovenes.

We are working with this guy named Adan, and he ROCKS. He LOVES reading the Book of Mormon. He has already quit drinking coffee and is working on quitting smoking. He started with 6 and now only smokes half a cigarette every day so we are SO proud of him. :) Tamara loves visiting him to make sure he is completing his goals and gives him stickers when he does! Please keep him in his prayers. He went to all three hours of church yesterday and is preparing for baptism!

Also...WE GOT A PIANO IN OCOTAL THIS WEEK!!!! I am pretty close to the the mission nurse and her husband, Elder Bell and Hermana Bell. So when we went to a meeting in Manauga on Tuesday, Elder Bell asked if we wanted a piano. I was like um YES so they came down on Saturday and gave us a keyboard to use in the church. All I could think was of my moms voice saying..you better practice because one day someone will need you to play on your mission! Well....turns out I am the only missionary that knows how to play other than my companion. Moms just always know I guess... :) I played in sacrament meeting yesterday and it felt so good to touch piano keys again!

I have been trying my best every day to set goals to do the lords work better. I read a quote this week that said, 'God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are, and with His help, where you are willing to go.' Something I have learned on the mission is that desire is where everything starts. If we have the desire to change and to be better, we will be able to do it because we will receive the help of our Heavenly Father. :) I love that the message of the gospel is that we can change, because how boring would life be if we just stayed the same. 

Love you all!

-- 

Hermana Willes


My cute companion, Tamara and me.
The three musketeers!

Found a black and white filter on my camera...
It's a long bus ride!!

Divisions in Estelli...
I don't like the big cities as much as my little village:)




No comments:

Post a Comment