Monday, August 8, 2016

This Book

BUENAS!!! :)

Another week has flown by in Ocotal!

So on Tuesday we went back with Adan and MAN he had drank a ton of coffee and smoked a ton. We were like ADAN! What happened?!?!? So we macheted him a bit with love and set some new goals. And since then...he hasnt touched coffee or cigarettes..just his book of mormon :) On saturday before we left I was like Adan, seriously, good job meeting all of your goals this week! That is incredible! and He goes, Well thanks for this! (i thought he was pointing to his folleto of the word of wisdom) so i was like what? and he was like, This Book, (holding up his Book of Mormon), it really changes someones life. Its an amazing book. It was one of those moments where I just wanted to cry and shout for joy the spirit was so sweet. I was like yes..it really does change someones life. It sure has changed mine! Ah. I just love Adan. He is a future leader of the church in Ocotal for sure!

I found a scripture this week that I love...it says:

Verily, Verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in His own hands and prepared for you, and ye cannot bear all things now, nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours. D&C 78:17-18.

Something I have learned on my mission is that The Lord really does have a brighter future for us than we know. But also..we need to sacrifice a little. Maybe we should listen to better music, or not watch that movie, or buy clothes that are more modest. Small things that really are big things to the Lord. Because when we really understand what the Lord has waiting for us, we will definitely sacrifice now to have the riches of eternity later. I know that Heavenly Father LOVES us so much! I know that I cant even imagine what he has waiting for us..but one day I hope to find out!

-- 

Hermana Willes



Training meeting in Managua with Hermana Cruz

Teaching piano lessons at the church.  Love it!

Beautiful Nicaragua!



No comments:

Post a Comment