Monday, May 23, 2016

This week ROCKED

This week ROCKED. (that is my new favorite phrase in english) WE PUT FECHAS WITH ERNESTO AND HIS FAMILY! The Lord is working miracles right now. We tried almost every day this week and then on Saturday night the mom, Graciela told us, I just feel so confused about whether or not we can be baptized again. Right then, the Spirit took over and I explained the Restoration as simply as possible. My heart was going crazy when she asked me, Are you saying my first baptism wasn't valid? I weirdly wanted to shout for joy because I knew that she was finally understanding. After we told her no, it was like a lightbulb went off in her head. She then told us, ok I feel so much better now,. Everything makes sense. I need to get baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. After that, the dad, Ernesto, still seemed hesitant. We were trying to put a baptismal date for the 10th on June, but he was saying that he wanted more time. After a minute I told him that he could choose his date if he wanted. He chose the following week, the 18th of June. After that, the entire family agreed to preapre and be baptized on the 18th of June!  The joy i felt in this moment was indescribable. I LOVE this family so much and I am SO excited for them to enter this covenant with our Heavenly Father. They are already converts and will continue to be converted before their baptism. When we showed up at their house yesterday before  church they were all ready to go and Ernesto reminded us about the day of their baptism. (just in case we would forget or something) I love them so much and cannot wait to help them prepare. The 18th of June just so happens to be the last week of this change..possibly my last weekend here in Ocotal. What a tender mercy that if I will have changes I will able to see them enter the waters of baptism!

I hope that everyone is loving life and enjoying every day. I am about to finish reading the infinite atonement and I am amazed by how beautiful that book is every time that I open it. A quote that I love says, "The Savior is anxious that the Atonement make us better. He must be gravely disappointed if people merely acknowledge His atonement as a magnificent sacrifice to be viewed in awe, but with no thought of change. The Atoning sacrifice was designed to motivate us, to draw us unto Him,. to lift us to higher ground, and ultimately to assist us in becoming as He is.”  I know that the Atonement can change us, can help us, and will save us. I know that this church, the church of Jesus Christ, is the only true church on the earth today. I know that with all of my heart.

love you all!

-- 

Hermana Willes

A picture outside of the tiny house where we hold
our church meetings.  We finally made a sign out
of a whiteboard.  haha!

The daughters of Ernesto and his niece.
I LOVE THESE GIRLS! We are headed to church.

Multi zone meeting in Esteli

No comments:

Post a Comment