Monday, March 14, 2016

I Love Ocotal!

Wow another week has flown by... I was talking to another sister on Thursday because we had to go to Managua for a meeting and she was like "wow you have almost 6 months?" and i was like....we aren’t gonna talk about that. Its going too fast! But I’m so happy because I’m in my little town of Ocotal. The taxi drivers will now yell my name out the window when they see me.. "adios hermany willy!" haha i love it so much. 

So Thursday we had to go to Managua for a meeting and at one point we were doing practices and PRESIDENT COLLADO WATCHED MINE. I have never been so nervous in my whole life..haha I saw him come up out of the corner of my eye and I thought "oh no oh no PANIC!" but I kept going and did the best I could. Afterwards he was like, "Excelente Hermana Willes!" I think he was just being nice though.. :)

Things are doing great here in Ocotal. The work is hard but I love it so much. Semana Santa is coming up (hottest week of the year) so the people all get a little grumpy around 1 in the afternoon when its the hottest. Its so cute.

We made a dish from El Salvador as a district today so that is what the first picture is of..the elder holding the camera is Elder Hirschi and small world he lives about 15 minutes from my house in Draper :) The rest of the district is a little farther..haha all latinos!

I hope everyone is doing GREAT! Love you all!

-- 

Hermana Willes


Making the dish from El Salvador with my zone



 The older lady in in the picture is named Ramona. She walks about 15 to 20 minutes every week to go to church. She is AMAZING. Straight pass to the celestial kingdom. One Sunday i asked her how she feels when she comes to church and she just goes, "ALEGRE!" :) I think she is like 80 years old..haha. She will be best friends with Grandma Bingham in the afterlife.:)


Me. making a papas!


A PS.—I said to Sarah “the latinas are so little.” (she is often a whole head taller than they are)  Her response: "oh mom i am a giant..they are so tiny here! I feel so tall!”

No comments:

Post a Comment