Friday, October 16, 2015

I Love it Here at the Good Ole MTC

I can't believe another week has gone by. I love it here at the good ole MTC. There is always someone singing the hymn Sunshine in my Soul and I love it. This week there was a lot of emphasis of Joseph Smith. 

President L. Whitney Clayton came and talked about Joseph Smith and how important that moment in history was. We also sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer in choir and it was AMAZING that song is so beautiful. The choir director is the coolest man ever so he would tell us stories about Joseph Smith while we learned to sing it. And I memorized the first vision!! Woohoo! I love saying it because of the power behind the words.

I got a new teacher this week, Hermano Roberts. He is the older brother of the Hermano Roberts that taught us the first week :) He is awesome! He is perfect at teaching and it gives me hope that one day I will be able to teach like that.This week one day Hermana Speas and I went outside to walk around and for some reason we went in a door we don't usually go in to get back to our classroom and we were really turned around. We walked into the wrong classroom thinking it was ours and I've never been so confused in my whole life. Luckily some teachers showed us back to the right place :)

In my personal study I read about when the Lord told Nephi to build a ship and right now I can totally relate to how Nephi was feeling. Like WHAT? You need me to build a ship? I've decided that the ship is my mission and when I wake up everyday I have no idea what to expect or how I'm going to build this ship for the next 18 months but with the Lord's help in 18 months I will be looking at the most beautiful time in my life 
so far.

I love and miss you all! The Church is SO true. Have a wonderful week!

--

Hermana Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment