Friday, October 2, 2015

A True Rollercoaster

Family and Friends!

I know I have only been here a few days but my P-day is on Friday so here we are! On Wednesday my cute family dropped me off here at the MTC (it was so hard to leave them) and I was taken straight to class. And without knowing said "Adios!" to speaking any English until after dinnertime. (perks of the Provo MTC not everyone is learning the same language so other meetings with all missionaries are in english) My teachers are Hermano Roberts and Hermana Bond! They are the COOLEST. Goal in life is to be like Hermana Bond. The MTC has really made me appreciate Lundy and all of my friends that have gone to foreign MTC's to learn a language because that first day was really discouraging. The days are really long here so by the end of the first day I was like, "Sarah why aren't you a fluent spanish speaker yet?" haha. But it's a good kind of discouraging because then everyone pumps you up. One second you're down and the next you're ready to take on the world!

My companion is Hermana Speas and she is from Livingston Montana! She is super nice and we get along really well :) She is also serving in the Nicaragua Managua North Mission along with one Elder in our district. The Elders in my District are HILARIOUS and I've decided to take advantage of the fact that we can hang out with them here. Yesterday at dinner we were cracking up because we were bearing our testimonies in spanish and kept confusing the word pecados (sin) with pescados (fish). We were also super tired because class was all morning and afternoon so if it doesn't seem that funny..it was :)

It is really funny here because someone will be giving you all of this amazing advice and then you ask how long they've been here..the answer is usually only 1 or 2 weeks! But the days are so long here and you learn so much that I totally see where they are coming from.

Yesterday I was kind of discouraged in class and I think Hermana Bond could tell we were getting down on ourselves and she shared with us the scripture in Ether 12 where the Lord says that He will make our weaknesses strong if we have faith. Some moments I think I will never learn spanish but I am putting all my faith in the Savior and Heavenly Father and I know that one day I will be able to speak spanish. It is such a beautiful language! Also, go look up the Mormon Message called lifting burdens..or something about burdens. When we watched it yesterday I thought I was going to explode the Spirit was so strong. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Aunt Sue make sure to tell Sydnee Happy Birthday for me today!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
-- 
Hermana Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment