Monday, March 13, 2017

Fransisco Got Baptized!

This week was SO wonderful! So busy and so wonderful.

On Tuesday, we headed up to Chinandega for the multizone there. I was able to see my old companion, Hermana Zafa. It was so fun! Chinandega is SO hot. I love traveling to see all the missionaries. The missionaries from one zone did a musical number that was a mix of Joseph Smiths first prayer and praise to the man..it was SO beautiful. Music has a special power to touch peoples hearts.

On Wednesday, we had the new missionary meeting. I love being with the new missionaries! I taught about the manuals of the first 12 weeks! We built a tower of cups with all the fundamentals of missionary work with the top cup representing baptizing. The new missionaries shared some of the spiritual experiences they have had already in the mission and it was so fun to hear about what they think about the heat here in Nicaragua! All of them are sweating like crazy snakes.

On Thursday we headed up to Esteli! It was so much colder there..we were all in heaven! The meeting went really well and the drive home was so fun. We were all so tired that we were just laughing the whole time. I am so blessed to be with the Poncios. After the meeting we were playing with the soccer balls that we use for an activity in the meeting and Hermana Poncio kicked the ball and it hit me so hard on my wrist! She just started apologizing and apologizing but we were all just laughing our heads off. Hermana Poncio has good game!

And last but certainly not least...on Saturday Fransisco got baptized!!!!!!!! It was such a beautiful baptism. He was waiting for us at his house when we picked him up, all ready. The bishop baptized him and they were both just so happy.Watching him enter the font was so special. Fransisco came to church yesterday in a white shirt and tie. ðŸ˜ƒ He is so excited for General Conference in April!  

This week I was studying about service and I read a quote by Elder Carl B. Cook that I loved. He said, Service is not something we endure on this earth so we can earn the right to live in the celestial kingdom. Service is the very fiber of which an exalted life in the celestial kingdom is made.- I can testify that missionary service is the best form of service! Haha. I love being a missionary SO much. I was talking to Hermana Lee, one of our office missionaries, and I was explaining to her that on the mission everything is put into perspective. The plan of our Heavenly Father really in the most important thing. So the most important thing that we can give to someone is the knowledge of this plan.

I love you all and have a great week! Shout out to my little brother spencer that will be cumpliendo anos this week! Love you!

-- 
Hermana Willes


Fransisco's Baptism

Celebration after with crackers and soda

Love my Companions!

No comments:

Post a Comment