Monday, July 18, 2016

Loving God

I hope you are all doing just wonderfully because things are just great here in the chosen land of ocotal. :)

I dont have a lot of time so this week I am just going to share a quote from Elder Bednar..He said, Many of the lessons we are to learn in mortality can be received only through the things we experience and sometimes suffer. And God expects and trusts us to face temporary mortal adversity with his help so we can learn what we need to learn and ultimately become what we are to become in eternity.

I have been thinking a lot about how to really consecrate myself in the work and to really become who Heavenly Father wants me to become. But a lot of the time i ask myself HOW? I know that the Atonement can change us but..HOW? And last night I was reading the scripture in Moroni about becoming perfect through Christ..and in that scripture it first says that we need to love God with our heart, might, mind, and strength. I realized that it all starts with loving God. When we love God, we want to do what he wants us to do. We will do anything for Him. And that is when we start to change. When we stop doing the things that put us farther away from God, and when we start doing more the things that help us get closer to him. And just like that..we start to change. :) Each day here in the mission I am trying to be better. I have heard that when we are getting closer to Christ, we see our weaknesses a lot easier. Well, I can testify that that is true. I am so far from the person I want to become, so thank the heavens i still have a lot more time as a missionary!

I know that this gospel is true. Without a doubt. I know that Jesus Christ will talk to each of us individually one day.. face to face. 

-- 

Hermana Willes


Nicaragua...

The little kids are the cutest!

Love my companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment