Monday, June 27, 2016

Two Chelas

Hola Holaaaa! :)

Well....IM TRAINING A CHELA! :) Her name is Hermana Gould and she is from California!! Woohoo! My hija is the cutest. She is full of energy and has a heart of gold. She fits in perfectly here in the greatest place ever :) She has already experienced no running water, no electricity, a donkey walking through a lesson, a little girl abusing a cat during a lesson, all the cat calls, and tracting in the rain! Love it.

The first day on the bus a guy started talking to her in english (so she understood) and afterwards she was like...totally thought that was the gift of tongues. HAHA. I love it :)

I also broke out in some random rash this week so everyone has been telling me I have chikyngunya..so yesterday I told people, look if I can go to church with chukingunya you can come too! :) hehe. 

We are working with a lot of different people right now but we are still working with a woman named Melva and we finally put a fecha with her! I love her so much and the gospel is definitely changing her life. I love SO much seeing how the gospel changes lives.

We explored a little bit today and hiked! We found a guy with a machete that was like, hey i know where there is some good fruit so come with me! haha so naturally we followed and we ate some fruit with him and his machete :) also...I AM WEARING PANTS! Love it. I love wearing pants. It rocks :)

President Collado leaves tomorrow and I will be headed to leadership council on Friday with the new President, President Poncio. I am super excited to meet President Poncio but also so sad that President Collado is leaving. But I know that President Poncio has been called of God!

A quote that I found this week that I loved says, "How does one get humble? To me, one must constantly be reminded of his dependence. On whom dependent? On the Lord. How remind oneself? By real, costant, worshipful, grateful prayer." (Spencer W. Kimball) 

The mission has really humbled me. I will complete 9 months this week on the 30th..defenitely cried this week during a comp study just thinking about how fast my mission is going. The mission has changed me life! I am so grateful to represent the Savior every day and learn to become a little bit more like him.

Sorry this email is kind of crazy!  Love you all!

-- 

Hermana Willes



9 months

Pants!!

Did someone say Machete?

It's how we get the fruit!

Hermana Willes and Hermana Gould

Beautiful Nicaragua!

Love it!

Love my companion!


No comments:

Post a Comment