Monday, April 18, 2016

I Love the People Here

What a crazy week it has been in Ocotal. First off, we found a lizard in the house on Tuesday. I hate lizards so much. Whenever I see them I just think of Parent Trap when the daughter puts it on the water bottle and then when Meredith screams it goes into her mouth..so gross. So you can imagine how i felt when we found one in our house..So Tuesday mornings we were going to have divisions so we are waiting for the other sisters from Esteli to come to Ocotal and we find this lizard in our bathroom. We are trying to kill it and it keeps jumping and running so we are just screaming our heads off. Well then the Hermanas from Esteli were here so we picked them up from the bus station and when I came back with Hermana Landaverde (our TL) the lizard was on a shelf in our bathroom..so Hermana Landaverde just takes some toilet paper and grabs it. haha. No bid deal. Then she put it in a bag and threw it in the garbage. haha just thinking about it makes me smile. She was like why are you scared? uhh because its gross! haha.

We are working with a couple right now, Julia and Rojer and they are awesome! They need to get married but they are praying about it and I have faith. Julia came to a baptism with us on Saturday and she came to church yesterday for the full time. On Saturday when we went to pick her up for the baptism I was expecting her to put up a fight because on Friday she told us that she sells tortillas and cant leave the house..but she was all ready to go! She is so prepared. I love her so much!

We were in a lesson with my convert, Bayardo, and for some reason we got to talking about beans. I asked Bayardo if he thought that God likes beans and he was like well of course! We can read in the Bible about the prophets eating beans! HA I love Bayardo. I was like Hermano, you are crazy. next time we come you are sharing the scripture so you can show us where the bible talks about people eating beans. :)

So here in Ocotal I have always been the missionary that leads the music in sacrament meeting because we dont have a member do it. (still working on establishing the church haha) and Every week we sing hymn number 118, I stand all amazed. I LOVE leading the music because I get to see and the faces of the beautiful members that I love so much. Yesterday after I led the music I sat down during the sacrament and thought about how crazy it is that before my mission I had no idea about this little place named Ocotal that I love so much. I testify that God has so much in store for us..and we have no idea. Words cannot express how much I love the people here. Ocotal has become another home for me. I have learned so much walking these streets. Trying to learn spanish, crying because I am happy or because I am sad, and giving my all to this work every day. I testify that God really is our Father, and one day we will have the opportunity to live with Him. But here, right now, is when we are given the opportunity to become like Him. I am trying each day to better myself, so that one day when I stand before my Father, I can thank him for every blessing and experience he has given me. How sweet it is to be a representative of His son!

I love you all SO much :) We are headed to managua tomorrow (4 am bus WOOHOO) and I will get to see Hermana Wally and all my other friends in the mission! I am so excited! Pray that we get subway :) hehe




Hermana Willes



I love Nicaragua!

Me and My TL, Hermana Landaverde

Two members: Ivete and Biielka (sisters)

So Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment