Monday, January 18, 2016

Things I Learn as a Missionary

This week was kind of crazy but an amazing one nonetheless. This week our baptism possibility fell through! He is 13 years old and named Jose. I love him with all of my heart and know that one day he will be baptized, I have no doubt!

Because Jose is only 13, we had to get a signature from his mom, who is always working. Every day this week we prayed and prayed to get the signature. And each day the mom wouldnt give it to us. This caused a lot of confusion for Jose because his parents didn’t think he was ready, and kind of attacked him when we weren’t there. But by some miracle, Friday night, by the Lords hand, we got the signature. Afterwards though, I didn’t feel as happy as I thought I would. I kind of felt like Galinda in Wicked when she sings about how she should be happy but it feels different. I couldn’t put my finger on why until Saturday morning when we had comp study. I knew that the will of the Lord was that Jose needed to wait a little bit. When we passed by Jose on Saturday He told us that he didnt want to be baptized, and immediately Wally and I felt peace. Funny how that works huh?

I know that God loves each and every one of us. I know that Heavenly Father was listening to our prayers, and followed through with them because Heavenly Father really does help his missionaries. But I also know that The Family is of God, and God’s plan is to have loving relationships in families, and He doesnt want the gospel to tear that apart. The gospel blesses families. :)

Every day I am blessed to see miracles and learn new things as a missionary. Deciding to serve a mission was by far the best decision that I've made! 

Have a great week!

-- 

Hermana Willes



I Love Ocotal!

No comments:

Post a Comment