Sunday, February 12, 2017

This week flew by

Buenas!

This week was SO great! It flew by so fast.

Interviews in Chinandega were quite the adventure with just me, President, and the APs! It was really fun to get to know all the missionaries and travel with President. He kept teasing me the whole time about not having a companion..hehe. So luckily on Thursday when we went to Leon I was with Hermana Poncio, Yoselyn (The Poncios Daughter), and Hermana Poncios mom! When We finished checking the area books and the agendas and then went to see the sights of Leon! It was soooo beautiful there. There are a million cathedrals..talk about Catholics! I have so much respect for the missionaries there. But it is GORGEOUS! It was so fun! 

When I got back to the area we were so happy because we were blessed this week to see a miracle baptism! Last sunday a young man came to church that we had never seen before, but we went to his house after church and it turns out that he has been going to church for years, he is enrolled in seminary, and has seen baptisms! But he had never been baptized! His parents live in an area called Puerto Cabezas..the farthest area in our mission! So we called his parents and they gave us permission to baptize him. He was baptized yesterday and ALL the young men came to show their support! It was so beautiful. Today he was beaming in church and his older sister came too! We are so grateful because we have been struggling a lot in our area but the Lord just gave us this little miracle. The Lord is in the details of our lives!

This week Elder Rasband is coming to visit the mission! Woohoo! I am so excited. We will be having a meeting the with south mission and I am so excited to hear about what he will be speaking about! 

I dont think I will ever be able to put into words how much I love the mission and being a missionary. It just isnt possible! I am so amazing at how fast time is flying..whenever I think about it I get emotional! I LOVE this work. I know that the Savior suffered, died, and now lives. I know that the marks in His Hands and Feet are evidence of His love. He will never leave us alone, and He will always lift us up to higher ground. I am grateful for someone who will never give up on me, no matter how many mistakes I make. I am humbled to be able to wear his name on my chest every day as I fall in love with his children here in Nicargua! 

Cuidanse mucho y les quiero!

-- 
Hermana Willes



Miracle Baptism!!

Best Day!!

Leon with Hermana Poncio and her Mom

More with Hermana Poncio

with Yocelyn

Working with the Hermanas in Chinendega

I got to visit Mairon and Maritza

No comments:

Post a Comment