Monday, December 12, 2016

Elder Ochoa

Hey Everyone!

I hope that everyone had a great week! This week was so special to be with Elder Ochoa. On Tuesday we had the big meeting where are the newbies got their trainers. It was so fun to see all of them so excited to get to work! Afterwards my companion and I spent the night in Esteli with one of the couples from the US that are serving here because on Wednesday we had the first MultiZone with Elder Ochoa! The multi zone was SO great but something so embarrassing happened....

So during lunch time everyone was eating..except for Elder Ochoa and President Poncio. Well Hermana Zafra and I didnt think that was fair so we asked President Poncio if we should bring them their lunch and he told us YES! Wohoo! We were so happy to help. So we go back and bring them the normal food that everyone was eating..plastic plates and styrofoam cups..no problem there right? So as we are giving Elder Ochoa and his wife the food President is looking at us weird and Hermana Ponio calls out to my comp as we are walking away but we didnt hear here. Well we go back to the members that were preparing the food and they take out these beautiful ceramic plates and huge tall glasses full of juice. Oops. The members got so mad at us because we took him the wrong food! But we didnt know that they had other plates and nice glasses for him so he ate off of a plastic plates like the missionaries. OOPS. The good thing was he was too hungry to even notice. But that will defenitely be a moment to remember...I will never forget the faces of those members when they realized what we had done.

Other than that the week has been good!! Managua is SO HOT and I am melting a little bit each day but I love our area. Hermana Zafra is an incredible missionary and I am so excited to work with her this change! We are praying for miracles and looking for a family to baptize.

Love you all so much! And shout out to my parents because this week is their anniversary! Arent they just the best couple ever? I love them so much and I am so grateful for their example to me! One day I will have a marriage like theirs!

-- 

Hermana Willes


All the sister training leaders


Elders Leaders' Conference

With my companion, Hermana Zafra


With President Poncio and Elder Ochoa

No comments:

Post a Comment